Collegiate Membership (MCFPS) by Election
The MCFP(S) is the professional benchmark for recognition as Senior Family Physicians. It may be attained via one of 2 routes. Family physicians with GDFM must undergo the MCFP(S) by assessment, while those with MMed(FM) may be elected by interview.
Collegiate Membership of the College / MCFP(S) by Election
The applicant must:
- Possess the Masters of Medicine (Family Medicine) degree awarded by the National University of Singapore
- Be active in attending CME and has been certified by SMC for the past 2 years
- Be actively involved in teaching Family Medicine and College Activities (or Medical National Programme: e.g. postgraduate training, undergraduate teaching in Family Medicine and tutorship in the Graduate Diploma in FM programme) for at least 20 hours a year
- Be in professional good standing (with a letter of good standing signed off by someone with MCFP(S) or above).
- Submit an essay of not more than 500 words on:
- Your involvement in Family Medicine / journey in Family Medicine
- Highlight something particular about your role as a Family Physician
Candidates who successfully pass the exit interview will satisfy the conditions for award of the Collegiate Membership of the Family Physicians Singapore [MCFP(S)].
The fee for MCFP(S) is S$ 1123.07** (inclusive of 7% GST).
** S$374.50 (Inclusive of 7% GST) Entrance fee and $748.57 (Inclusive of 7% GST) Initiation fee
Registration has officially closed.
For enquiries on the next Election, please contact the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org