Collegiate Membership (MCFPS) by Election
The MCFP(S) is the professional benchmark for recognition as Senior Family Physicians. It may be attained via one of 2 routes. Family physicians with GDFM must undergo the MCFP(S) by assessment, while those with MMed(FM) may be elected by interview.
Collegiate Membership of the College / MCFP(S) by Election
The applicant must:
- Possess the Masters of Medicine (Family Medicine) degree awarded by the National University of Singapore
- Be active in attending CME and has been certified by SMC for the past 2 years
- Be actively involved in teaching Family Medicine and College Activities (or Medical National Programme: e.g. postgraduate training, undergraduate teaching in Family Medicine and tutorship in the Graduate Diploma in FM programme) for at least 20 hours a year
- Be in professional good standing (with a letter of good standing signed off by someone with MCFP(S) or above).
- Submit an essay of not more than 500 words on:
- Your involvement in Family Medicine / journey in Family Medicine
- Highlight something particular about your role as a Family Physician
Candidates who successfully pass the exit interview will satisfy the conditions for award of the Collegiate Membership of the Family Physicians Singapore [MCFP(S)].
The fee for MCFP(S) is S$1,157.47** (inclusive of 7% GST).
** S$374.50 (Inclusive of 7% GST) Entrance fee and $800.97 (Inclusive of 7% GST) Initiation fee
Download registration form HERE
The application, cheque payment and all required documents must be received by 18 August 2017 (Friday).
For enquiries on the next Election, please contact the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org